Monday, March 22, 2010

Cupcake Sunday(ish): Half Moon Cupcakes


As I said last night, I got caught up in all of the hub-bub surrounding the health care vote and by the time the results were in it was way past my bedtime.  Yesterday's cupcake was called a Half Moon Cupcake.  It was along the lines of a black and white cookie, but it was a mix of chocolate and vanilla cake that was covered half in a powder sugar frosting and half in melted bittersweet chocolate.  Overall they were pretty tasty, but I felt like they were lacking something.  Maybe I was expecting them to be slightly sweeter (similar to the cake of a black and white cookie)?  This is what they looked like when I finished frosting all of them:


C is a good helper in the kitchen.  He's always so helpful when it's time to clean up:


And of course I have to pick one of the "pretty" ones to show you:



And last but not least, Izzy helps me write this post.  She's a good helper:


I'm not sure I would make them again because of the amount of work that went into a "Meh" cupcake, but the co-workers seemed to enjoy them!  I have a few more posts up my sleeve that I need to get out, but just a heads up that I won't be making a cupcake next weekend.  One of my bffs is getting married and I'll be in Northern VA for the bridal shower and bachelorette party.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you lived near me. I would bring you wine, and you could share your cupcakes. It would be awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, definitely! If this coming weekend wasn't going to be so crazy busy with wedding stuff I'd say we should get together for a drink since I'll be in VA. Next time!

    ReplyDelete