Sunday, March 7, 2010

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!

Spongebob Squarepants!

So hopefully you're aware that I've started taking on small baking projects for money. One of these projects was a Spongebob cake that was commissioned by one of C's co-workers. The real cake was due this past Friday.  I was very glad that I decided to do a trial run before the due date ( I posted about the trial run here).  From the trial run I knew that decorating the cake was going to take me at least 3 hours, so I baked the cake on Wednesday (carrot cake - who orders carrot cake for a 3 year old's party?), let it set in the fridge overnight (C was warned on pain of no more baked yuminess should he attempt to sneak some), and then decorated it on Thursday when I got home from work.  I also learned that using the leftover cake for hands was a bad idea, so instead I piped hands onto the cake board.



The little boy's name is Darryl, but his mom calls him "Nuk," so I thought it would be nice to have a more personal touch on the cake board.

 

The woman liked the cake so much that she paid me more than I asked for it.  Awesome!  More moolah for the vacation spending money jar!  :-)  

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow he looks awesome! I wouldn't eat him but that's only because I just couldn't do that to Spongebob. I bet that was one happy little kiddo - and the mom was clearly ecstatic! Bravo - my darling, job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the mom said that Nuk wanted to eat parts of Spongebob - first the nose, then the mouth, then the feet... I'm afraid it was a slow and painful death for our yellow absorbent friend.

    ReplyDelete