Friday, April 1, 2011

Liquid Courage

First, some fun news!  C and I went with several of our friends on a cruise last week, and it was AMAZING.  We booked this vacation almost a year ago, so we were all super excited that it was finally here.  Our boat went to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten, and in spite of going through some pretty choppy water and feeling a little seasick, the vacation was perfect.  The weather was beautiful, we had plenty of time to relax, and the alcohol was free flowing.  (Speaking of alcohol - C and I went back to bootcamp Wednesday night and I swear I was sweating 80 proof...)  Here are a few pictures to make you jealous :-)












Jealous yet?  :-)

The cruise itself couldn't have come at a better time for us, although there's no way that we could have known that when we booked it.  We found out not too long before we left that the company many of us work for was going to be going through some cutbacks and that all of us were going to be affected in some way, and some of us sooner than others.  Yesterday was the first round of people leaving, and needless to say it was a rough day for everyone.  In honor of emotional eating and the need for some liquid courage, I made Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with a Bittersweet Ganache.


Instead of putting the cupcakes out in the kitchen a little before lunch like I usually do, I decided that cupcakes for breakfast was not out of the question on a day like that, so I put them out when I first got to the office.


I know that cupcakes couldn't make the situation any better, but I hope that they were at least a type of comfort on a day that was inherently sad for all of us.  I know that all of us are moving on the bigger and better things, but I'm going to miss working with all of you.  You're all amazing at what you do, and you're all wonderful people.  It has been my privilege and my pleasure to have worked with you, and I hope those of us staying in the area will still see each other often.  So, my cupcake to you all and wish everyone the best in whatever comes your way!


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment